in Business & Society
About Hanane Benkhallouk
In 1997, after completing her undergraduate studies in international business in the number one business school in Morocco, ISCAE, she enrolled in the New York Institute of Technology’s MBA program. For a short time after graduating, she worked in New York City as a consultant to small business owners and other entrepreneurs.
Since 2005 Hanane Benkhallouk has been based in Dubai, UAE. While living on the Arabian Peninsula, Hanane has worked for some of the leading family diversified groups in KSA and UAE. In 2008 she was called by the Executive Office of the ruler of Dubai to be part of the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum foundation core team. While working for the foundation, she was in charge of entrepreneurship and innovation programs across the Arab world. She has supervised major consultancy projects in the field such as the production of The Arab Human Capital Challenge report in collaboration with PWC, as well as the Arab Knowledge report in collaboration with UNDP.
Hanane Benkhallouk co-founded Sustain Leadership consultancy, a boutique firm specialized in strategic management, innovation, and change management, and counts among her clients, major multinationals, as well as local players and SMEs. Hanane’s own approach towards leadership training is rooted in theories of neuroleadership, theory U and systems thinking – all of which she has studied and seen implemented in the field. She further holds a certificate of completion from the Dubai-based Neuroleadership Institute’s brain-based coaching program. Sustain Leadership’s goal is to help clients solve problems and see things differently so that they can improve performance, maximize profits, and enhance positive impact at the same time. When it comes to measuring success, Hanane counts the number of people that she has helped become better at what they do and who they are.
Hanane Benkhallouk currently sits on the advisory boards of a number of SMEs and NGOs, including the Arab Pioneering Network, and is a frequent presence at entrepreneurship conferences. She also writes regular columns for entrepreneurship-based publications is well-known overall as an advocate for entrepreneurship development, transformational leadership, women advancement, and community engagement.
Awards & Achievements
- Hanane Benkhallouk received the Saphira (good image ambassador) award by the Moroccan government in 2016.
- She was also among the recognized contributors to the Emirates Foundation for youth development, in Abu Dhabi in November 2015.
- In 2017 she was recognized by the Sheikh Abdulaziz Bin Humaid of Ajman for being part of the Pan GCC Leadership program.
- In 2018, Hanane received Woibex’s Excellence Award for Women Leaders in the Middle East in recognition of her work in the business community.
- Her profile was featured on the World Bank blog series Profiles of the Diaspora. The blog series is related to the World Bank’s Mobilizing the Middle East and North Africa Diaspora for Economic Integration and Entrepreneurship report.